Working Together FAQs
Hi! I’m Laurie Henderson, owner and floral artist at Fab Floral!
At Fab Floral, the ordering process is the same whether you are interested in flowers for a wedding, special event, or memorial/celebration of life event.
Start by sharing a few details about the vision and occasion for your floral needs via one of the event inquiry buttons on my Schedule a Consult page!
After I receive your request, you can expect a follow up response within 24-48 hours.
I can’t wait to meet you and look forward to learning more about your floral needs!
Always Fabulous Flowers,
The Process for Weddings and Events
The process typically starts with a fun meeting at my floral studio in Snoqualmie.
At the flower consultation, we will get to know each other and chat about your special occasion, vision, and the details from the grand to the small. Those details which will make your event unique and refreshingly your own. Together we will come up with some amazing flower ideas to make your day FAB!
For larger events like a wedding, where we will be doing bridal party flowers, an arbor or flowers for the front, centerpieces, and perhaps other flowers too, you should plan on us spending about 2 hours together, plus or minus.
After we meet, I’ll put together estimates based on our ideas and send you a proposal by email. Once I have your approval, we’ll sign a contract and I’ll collect a 50% deposit to reserve the date. The balance is due one month prior to your wedding or event.
General Pricing Guidelines
Customized design work for weddings, special events, or memorial/celebration of life events vary widely in cost based on the scope of the work. Things such as the season, type of flowers, the volume of flowers, the complexity of design, etc, all go into determining the price for each event. Because of this, it is essential that we meet first to clearly define what you’re looking for and allow me to provide a custom estimate that fits your vision and your budget.
Wedding pricing requires consideration of a number of factors:
- The Season
- Type & Volume of Arrangements
- Complexity of Design
- Number of people in the Bridal Party
- Number of Tables or Guests
- Centerpieces usually start at $65 – $125, but there are exceptions higher and lower depending on the look you want to create.
- Travel & Accommodation Expenses (if applicable)
Parties, Events, and Celebration of Life Events pricing requires consideration of a number of factors:
- The Season
- Type & Volume of Arrangements
- Complexity of Design
- Number of Guests, Tables, or Centerpieces
- Travel & Accommodation Expenses (if applicable)
Things to Consider Before Your Wedding Flower Consultation
- During Victorian days different flowers were given different meanings and used to convey messages. Have you read The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh? Would you like your flowers to convey a meaning?
- What flowers were used in your Mother’s and perhaps Grandmother’s bouquets? Would you like to incorporate some of those into your bouquet or groom’s boutonniere or the wedding flowers as a whole? Or maybe into their flowers? Or is there another special person that you would like to recognize in such a way? Or would you like the groom to give each Mother a small bouquet of a flower special to her or give each mother a rose?
- Do you want to incorporate something old, new, borrowed or blue into the flowers you carry?
- Do you want to add any bling to the flowers and do you want to provide that yourself? Perhaps by going through your Mom’s, Aunt’s, Grandmother’s, friends, etc. old jewelry and using costume jewelry they have that they wouldn’t mind either letting you have or borrow? Or picking up pieces at thrift stores, discount stores, or other locations? Or maybe by carrying a small piece of your mother’s wedding gown in your bouquet! We can use a small accent to wrap the stems or a small add in, or in the bouquet itself!
What Local Areas Do You Cover?
Fab Floral primarily serves the greater Seattle Metro area within King County and the Snoqualmie Valley. We also regularly provide flowers for weddings and events in Snohomish, Pierce, and Island counties, as well as Cle Elum, Easton and Leavenworth.
We charge a delivery fee to all weddings and events based on the number of employees required and distance involved. If delivery and set up of an event requires additional travel and accommodation expenses, additional fees apply.
- King County, South King County, Pierce County, Island County, Snohomish County.
- The Snoqualmie Valley, including Snoqualmie, North Bend, Fall City, Duvall, Carnation, Preston, and Monroe.
- The Eastside, including Issaquah, Sammamish, Eastgate, Factoria, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Bothell, and Woodinville.
- The Seattle Metro Area, including Seattle, Ballard, Fremont, Wallingford, Georgetown, the University District, Seward Park, Madison Park, Lake Forest Park, Shoreline, Bothell, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Burien, and Seatac.
- South King County, including Renton, Kent, Maple Valley, Black Diamond, Enumclaw, Ravensdale, Covington, and Federal Way.
- Delivery / Set Up for Weddings and Events in Pierce County (Tacoma), Island County, Snohomish County, Cle Elum, Grand Mound, Leavenworth, Easton, or Snoqualmie Pass by special arrangement.
- Also available for destination weddings & events by special arrangement.
What Should I Bring to the Consultation?
I’m trying to get a feel for your likes and dislikes and how you envision your big day. I also want to pin down the color scheme. Anything you can bring with you that will help me put that picture together is helpful. If you have color samples that I can keep, (or pictures to share) please bring them.
If we are meeting about a wedding, please bring:
- photos / a web link of your dress
- attendants’ dresses
- groom’s attire
- groomsmens’ attire
- anything else that you have seen that you love (or hate!!) and want to incorporate into the flowers.
If you want to bring your dress or attendant’s dresses with you, please do! This lets me see actual colors and textures. If you have not yet chosen your dress or some of the attendants’ attire, not to worry, we can talk about what you are leaning toward.
If we are meeting about a special event or celebration of life events, please bring:
- Your Pinterest board link or other websites if applicable
- The colors or theme you would like for the event if applicable
- If it’s a memorial / celebration event, any special mementos, hobby items you want me to include in the arrangements or want to influence the designs.
- If it’s a memorial event, favorite flowers, seasons of the year, things they liked to do, places they loved.
- Anything relevant to let me get a feel for the person you would like to celebrate or event you would like to create.
A word about Pinterest boards and other digital inspiration:
- If you have a Pinterest account and have ideas pinned or other websites you want us to look at, please share with me by email before we meet or bring notes of the links.
- If your wedding/event Pinterest page has a huge number of pins on it, it may be helpful at this stage of your planning to create a separate wedding flower board of items you have settled on that you would like me to see.
- Don’t feel like you need to be “decided” on one bouquet, corsage, or centerpiece style on your board. Having multiple examples that you like can be helpful to me, because I use them as a starting point in carrying out your vision. We can combine multiple aspects of different bouquets (or other designs) together. Because some flowers are hard to get “out of season,” it is beneficial to me to see other things you like.
- As you are looking, I recommend to not get too set on any particular flower in case it is difficult to source due to availability or pricing.
When we meet, it will be ideal to have clear decisions on the following so we can discuss what you would like for centerpieces and how many:
- Have your venue selected
- Have a good idea of the number of invited guests
- Know what kinds of tables and how many you will have
When we meet, it will also be ideal for you to have thought of other flowers (and locations) you would like at the venue, such as:
- an arbor or arrangements for the front
- aisle flowers
- flowers for additional areas
- at your guest book or guest sign in
- guest seating assignments
- powder rooms
- buffet tables
- cake/dessert tables
- photo booths
I will be happy to help you figure out what kind of flowers you would like in these areas, but the more detail you have prepared before we meet the better.
Do You Have A Retail Location?
Fab Floral is run from a home-based flower studio, located in Snoqualmie, WA.
I like to meet clients at my boutique studio, so I can show you samples of flowers, foliage, vases, ribbon, and other details that may inspire us both.
Most clients also enjoy seeing where the magic happens! A big part of what I love about this job is offering a unique and personal customer service experience. It’s a treat to enjoy hanging out in my colorful studio having a cup of tea or coffee while we chat about your flowers and dream up great ideas.
Occasionally, I meet with clients at the venue if it is a large event and I haven’t been onsite at the venue or if we need to be onsite for a particular reason. Very occasionally, I meet with a client at other locations, such as a coffee shop if it’s too hard to coordinate a visit to my studio. For clients who are out of town, we meet over the phone or virtually.
Do you have Organic and Edible Flowers?
Yes, I can provide organic and sustainably grown flowers, safe for your custom cocktails, cakes, and other wedding edibles!
Do you have a minimum fee?
Yes, my minimum is $1500 in flowers before tax and delivery.
Do you have DIY flowers and greenery?
Yes, I provide DIY flowers for brides, for whom I am doing their personal flowers but wish to do their own centerpieces or other flower decorations.
If I am doing your personal flowers I am willing to help you figure out how many flowers and how much greenery you will need.
Additionally, when you get your DIY flowers and greenery from Fab Floral, you can feel confident that they are high quality, are hydrated, in water with flower food, in buckets for you to take, and are all ready for you to begin making beautiful wedding flowers! You don’t need to worry if they will arrive on time, in good condition and what you need to do to process them so they plump up and are ready for you to use. We take care of all of those details for you! You have enough things to worry about during this super busy, but joyous time!
Are you a "Slow Flowers" Designer? Can you create my wedding/event flowers from all locally as much as possible or American grown flowers that are sustainable or organically grown using eco-friendly methods?
Yes! Yes! You are my dream bride! However, it is important to understand that sometimes, just like organically grown produce or other things we eat (chicken, beef, for example, we pay a premium for these fabulous high-quality ingredients to nourish our bodies) we also at times, pay a premium for these stunning flowers that nourish our souls and our planet.
If I had my way, every wedding and event I did, would be done using only locally grown flowers and greenery (or at the minimum, grown in a way that nourishes the earth and those who grow, work, and enjoy them).
Even in the dead of winter, I think it would be soooo much fun to take a bride to the wholesale market that is hosted by a cooperative of local growers in Washington, Oregon, and some California to see what kind of fantastic winter floral art we can come up with for them. Alaska-grown peonies in the summer are also a favorite. It would be unbelievably fabulous and so interesting. I know you are out there, winter bride or winter event planner! Come find me! We are going to have so much fun working with what is available to us to create a woodland fantasy!
For spring, summer, or fall brides who want to create seasonal and local weddings and events, there are so many incredible beautiful choices in such glorious colors! It won’t be a stretch at all to find something absolutely breathtaking in these three easy seasons where there are lots of flowers and greens available. Of course, we will have a glorious time finding vibrant seasonal choices for you! I can’t wait to work with you: spring, summer and fall brides and event planners too! So many choices, all of you contact me today!
Winter, spring, summer, fall! I’m excited about working with all of you that want to go with a more sustainable, “Slow Flowers” seasonal approach! Go to my “schedule a consult” page now!
Let’s get started! We are going to have fun, fun, fun and your floral arrangements are going to be beyond beautiful! Can’t wait to meet you!